Email Support - Outlook Express
To add an e-mail account to Outlook Express:
- Start Outlook Express.
- Choose "Accounts" from the Tools menu.
- The Internet Accounts window will open. The "Mail" tab should be selected by default.
If not, click the "Mail" tab.
- With the "Mail" tab selected it will show you any e-mail accounts that are currently
set up in Outlook Express.
- Click "Add" and select "Mail..." from the small flyout screen that appears on the right hand side.
The Internet Connection wizard will appear to guide you through a series of
configuration steps for the e-mail address you want to add.
Type in a friendly name that will help you remember this e-mail address (such as
Harold's Mailbox or Mom's Mail) then Click "Next".
Internet E-mail Address
- Enter your email address as you want it to appear in e-mails.
- Click "Next".
Email Server Names
- From the dropdown menu, select "POP3"
In the "Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server" field, enter: mail.[yourdomain]
(eg. if your domain is ozewebhost.com.au, then you would enter "mail.ozewebhost.com.au")
- In the "Outgoing mail (SMTP) server field, enter your dialup or broadband ISP's
(Internet Service Provider) outgoing mail settings. This will be similar to 'mail.bigpond.com',
'smtp.ozemail.com.au', 'mailhost.aol.com' etc. (if you are unable to locate this
information, you will need to contact your ISP and request details for "Outgoing
- Click "Next"
Internet Mail Logon
- In "Account name", enter your Ozewebhost user/account name we have allocated to
NB: DO NOT enter your dialup/broadband ISP user ID and/or password here!
- Make sure you check "Remember password" if you do not wish to re-enter your
password every time you check your email.
- Click "Next".
Click finish to return to the "Internet Accounts" popup screen.
Now you can see your newly created account. If you are creating several
different accounts it is a good idea to give them 'Friendly Names', rather than
having them all beginning with 'mail.accountname.com.au', 'mail.wifesaccount.com',
Renaming an account
- Click on your account name to highlight it.
- Click the "Properties" tab and rename the account in the following popup screen.
Renaming your account
- Highlight your "Mail Account" name.
- Type in your new 'Friendly Name'
- Click the "Apply" tab and/or "OK" to return to
the "Internet Accounts" popup screen.
- Click "Close" and you are finished.... Congratulations!